Since Chef Jen was a child she has had very sensitive skin – she has always suffered with the itchy stress based rash called eczema. I am fair, with chronic dry skin and covered with freckles – your basic dermatologist nightmare. Over the last 5 years I have noticed a dramatic decline in the texture of my skin. It is not like I am getting wrinkled, it is as if hairline cracks have been forming in my outer layer. This year I will turn 35 years old and in the last 2 weeks I have discovered a remedy for my sensitive skin and a solution to the feeling that my skin is slowly cracking off of my body!
It is this simple: Flax and Kefir smoothies 2 to 3 times a week
– drink them in the early part of the day.
Each recipe below is made with the same basic preparation:
The beauty is that everyone in my life is noticing how my skin is changing. I am drinking one of these shakes every other day in the morning. After 10 days about 5 people who see me on a regular basis have told me that my skin is glowing!!! I am grateful to mother earth and Chef Ellie Lara’s genius to figure out how to solve my dry skin once and for all!
1. Soak whole flax seed for 24 hours in a mason jar (This brings the seed back to life and creates a slippery texture.)
2. Add 1/4 a cup of the soaked flax to the blender
3. Add 1/4 or 1/2 a cup of living probiotics such as coconut kefir or acidophiles
3. Add 1/4 cup of fruit and a 1/4 cup of water
4. Blend until smooth (add ice or frozen bananas if you like)
5. Think about how beautiful you will become as you begin to Feed Ur Skin.
Blueberry and Living Flax Skin Tonic
Strawberry,Papaya, Pineapple, Frozen Banana, Vanilla Kefir and Living Flax Skin Tonic
Green Machine – fresh kale, chard, wheat grass, from banana, strawberry, Kefir and Living Flax Skin Tonic
Ginger-Cardamom tea spices, vanilla Kefir and Living Flax Skin Tonic